Programming and other useless stuff: About Prohibition

Thursday, August 14, 2008

About Prohibition

Today I'll write a little bit about Prohibition, the game I'm currently working on in my spare time. So no source codes today :)

Prohibition is (will be) a turn-based strategy game. Single- and multiplayer games will be possible. In the single player game, the player has to lead a group of special agents, police man and detectives through various missions in a story mode. The multiplayer game will contain PvP (bad vs good and bad vs bad... no good vs good). While it's a TBS game, there will be some role playing aspects in it. The entities (NPCs and player) will have a set of character values such as Strength, Agility, Vigilance or Charisma. Throughout the game, the player will be able to add new abilities to his entities, buy weapons and items and decide, who to take on a mission and who not.

I spend the most day of today working on the base ruleset and implementing the base values of the NPC and player entities. While the base values were quickly implemented (they're based on components), I'm still working out the handling of the ruleset of the game.

Today I've also registered the domain names for my game:

prohibition-online.com
prohibitiononline.com
prohibition-online.net
prohibitiononline.net
prohibition-online.info
prohibitiononline.info
prohibition-online.org
prohibitiononline.org

At least, no one can pick my game's name website :)

Have fun,
Stefan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home