Programming and other useless stuff: A lot of work...

Monday, September 22, 2008

A lot of work...

A lot of work :) That's what I have. And unfortunately, this is also the reason why I'm not updating very much my blog :(

1. Server migrating has been done for almost everything. Only 1 domain is still remaining and I have to wait "for the right moment" :) In fact, my wife has to fetch her emails and then I have to switch. And since currently we rarely are on our computers in the same time, this hasn't been done yet.

2. SSCXML: I've been looking into enhancing further SSCXML and make it a little bit more SCXML compliant. The draft that has been released earlier this year describes a more modular behaviour of the standard. Also, I interpreted the draft a little bit less restricting (which result in *not* freezing in some scxml constellations as would the draft-sticking implementation do).

3. Prohibition: Didn't have much time to work on this. I'm still working on some basic things. I also reviewed Navi, which I would like to use for the game (since it allows the usage of html files as gui files)... what turns me down most is the huge amount of data needed to use it... >30mb :(

4. Jobs: Here's most work for me. I finally got (almost) all information I needed to work and to define how the stuff is going to be implemented for one of my clients. It's also for that client that I'll use mimetex, a tex to gif lib. The currently used font sizes result in rather small printed images (even in HUGE). So, I spent the day today to learn about metafont, gf-files, etc. I'm no LaTex expert so I struggled a lot understanding why this implementation (mimetex) can't use TTF straight forward. Well...

5. Tomorrow (tuesday) I'll get my new TV: A Samsung LE40A557. Currently they seem to have a special price here in Belgium. Well... it's still 890 Euros but it's ok :) I paid almost 1000 Euros for a normal TV 5 years ago.

My wife decided to buy me the TV as a birthday present :) (birthday = 9/24). And I'll certainly buy myself a PS3 with a BR-Disc or two and a game or two. We'll see... My intend is to stick a network drive to one of the USB ports and upload some media to be played by the PS3.

6. This week-end I cleaned up most of our cellars. I need space for my stuff once I start renovating my office. I finished the plans for it... Will take some time to actually start with it.

Have fun,
Stefan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home