Programming and other useless stuff: New TV or no new TV, that's the question!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

New TV or no new TV, that's the question!

It's been some time since I'm looking into buying a flat screen TV. Not one of those which are called "HD ready" and which at most have 768 pixels in height. I'ld like to have one of those 1080 pixel screens. The one I liked most is the Philips 42PFL5603. It's a 42 inch full HD screen with 4 HDMI connections, PC entry, scart and some other stuff. The current price here in Belgium is ~1000€ ($1.466). It might be a bit cheaper in Germany, but I like to keep the stores where I buy expensive stuff nearby :)

I still haven't bought it but I'm getting close to it. So, does anyone have good experience with this TV or a similar model? Please comment :)

Also, I would like to buy a PS3. Not only because it seems to be a good console but also because it's a "cheap" blue ray player. Most other player cost the same or more but only can play BRD. At least, the PS3 has games one can buy. And those got slightly cheaper. You can find them for rather 30€ ($44).

Has anyone some advice about "must have" games on the PS3? Please comment :)

Today I worked for my client in the music business. As I already said, sometimes it's just good to see that your planning and programming make life easier :) Yesterday we were talking about some new stuff I would have to implement. Our initial planning was 2 weeks of work. Today, I sat down, took a look at what we already have, started programming and finished everything :) Well... at least, it looks finished... My client will have a look at it tomorrow morning. I'm almost sure that we'll have to catch some special cases or some other mysteries of the music business :)

Have fun (and don't forget to comment),
Stefan

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is an awesome adventure game with a great story, great animation, great environments and awesome gameplay. Can't go wrong with that one.

Good thinking on the PS3 - that was pretty much my reasoning as well and haven't regretted it

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home